Living In Retirement
Are you ready to retire? Converting a lifetime of savings into a potential income stream in retirement can be challenging. You'll need to generate sufficient income to address longevity, inflation and volatility risks.
Generate Retirement Income
- The right amount to withdraw every month
- Factoring in all expected costs–and preparing for the unexpected
- How inflation and changes in the stock market may affect your retirement
- Which investments best meet your goals, risk tolerance and concerns
Top Sources Expected for Retirement Income1
Anticipating Your Expenses
It's helpful to think of retirement in terms of expenses. There are those that are less impacted by inflation–such as a fixed mortgage–and those that are sensitive to inflation–for example, health care expenses. Consider matching different expenses with different sources of income.
Assess Your Retirement Situation
To make the most of the time you spend with your advisor, it may be a good idea to get organized ahead of time by:
- Prioritizing your goals
- Calculating your expenses
- Determining your potential sources of income
- Franklin Templeton, Retirement Income Strategies and Expectations (RISE) Survey, 2011. Methodology: The Franklin Templeton Retirement Income Strategies and Expectations(RISE) survey was conducted among a sample of 2,046 adults comprising 1,020 men and 1,026 women 18 years of age or older. The survey was administered between September 15-18 and 19-21, 2011 by ORC International's Online CARAVAN®