Franklin Templeton Investments
Public Site >Sign In  | Register
My Cart
My Cart Summary
Mandatory items may have been added.


Find a Fund

By fund name, fund number, NASDAQ symbol or CUSIP

View All Funds

Asset Categories

Fund Families

Find Us

Follow Franklin Templeton

Change My Sole or Joint Tenant Account to My Trust

Share This Page

A trust is one of the forms of registration available to fund shareholders. Before changing your registration to reflect your trust, speak with your financial advisor, attorney and/or tax advisor to determine what type of registration is right for you.

To transfer ownership of your fund shares to your trust, provide the following:

  1. A completed Shareholder Request Form signed by all current registered owner(s). The form must confirm the name(s) of the trustee(s), the name of the trust and the date the trust was created. Each signature must be guaranteed by a bank, savings and loan association, trust company, credit union, broker/dealer or any other “eligible guarantor institution,” as noted on the form. A signature guarantee is not required on the form if the trustee(s) are the same as the current registered owner(s) and the authorized signer(s) are not changing.
  2. Photocopies of the title, signature, and trustee pages of the trust document.
  3. Any outstanding shares in certificate form must be returned to Franklin Templeton Investor Services, LLC, through a traceable method of delivery (i.e. express, certified or registered mail, etc.).
  4. An Account Application completed and signed by all trustees.




You need Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher to view and print PDF documents. Download a free version from Adobe's website.

    For US residents only.