Change a Trust Account Due to Death of a Trustee
Upon the death of a trustee, you may reregister the account to the successor
- A completed Shareholder Request Form referencing the account
number(s)and signed by the successor trustee(s).Each signature must be guaranteed by a bank, savings and loan association, trust company, credit union, broker/dealer or any other “eligible guarantor institution,” as noted on the form. A signature guarantee is not required if the account remains under the same trust and the trustee(s)is/are identical to the successor trustee(s)named in the trust document.
- A photocopy of the death certificate for the deceased trustee.
- Photocopies of the title, signature, and successor trustee pages of the trust document.
- A photocopy of an Inheritance Tax Waiver or Consent to Transfer from the applicable state or territory tax authority may be required if the deceased owner legally resided in Indiana, Ohio, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, or Tennessee. If the deceased owner legally resided in any of these locations, please call us at (866) 821-7519 for more information.
- Any outstanding shares in certificate form must be returned to Franklin Templeton Investor Services, LLC, through a traceable method of delivery (i.e. express, certified or registered mail, etc.).
- An Account Application completed and signed by the successor
Please call us at (866) 821-7519 if you have questions about the information provided above. Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 5:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
For US residents only.