Change a Trust Account Due to Death of a Trustee
Upon the death of a trustee, you may reregister the account to the successor trustee(s) by providing the following:
- A completed Shareholder Request Form referencing the account number(s) and signed by the successor trustee(s). A signature guarantee is not required if the account remains under the same trust and the surviving trustee is identical to the successor trustee named in the trust document.
- A photocopy of the death certificate for the deceased trustee.
- Photocopies of the title, signature, and successor trustee pages of the trust document.
- A photocopy of an Inheritance Tax Waiver or Consent to Transfer from the state tax authority may be required if the deceased owner legally resided in the state of Indiana, Ohio, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, or Tennessee. If the deceased owner legally resided in any of these states, please call us at (866) 821-7519 for more information.
- Any outstanding shares in certificate form must be returned to Franklin Templeton Investor Services, LLC, by registered or certified mail.
- An Account Application signed and completed by the successor trustee(s).
Please call us at (866) 821-7519 if you have questions about the information provided above. Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 5:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
You need Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher to view and print PDF documents. Download a free version from Adobe's website.
For U.S. residents only.
Clicking OK below will take you to an independent site. Information and services provided on this independent site are not reviewed by, guaranteed by, or endorsed by Franklin Templeton or its affiliates. Please keep in mind that this independent site's terms and conditions, privacy and security policies, or other legal information may be different from those of Franklin Templeton's site. Franklin Templeton is not liable for any direct or indirect technical or system issues, consequences, or damages arising from your use of this independent website.