Franklin Templeton Investments
Public Site >Sign In  | Register
My Cart
My Cart Summary
Mandatory items may have been added.



Find a Fund

By fund name, fund number, NASDAQ symbol or CUSIP

View All Funds

Asset Categories

Fund Families

Find Us

Follow Franklin Templeton

Transferring an UGMA/UTMA When Custodianship Ends

Share This Page

Once a minor reaches the age at which the custodianship terminates according to the state's specific UGMA/UTMA law, the custodian must transfer the fund shares to the sole name of the minor.

The custodian must provide a signature-guaranteed letter of instruction stating that the minor has reached the age of termination or a completed Instruction to Terminate Custodianship Form. The letter or form must be signed by the custodian (with signature guarantee) confirming the minor has reached the applicable age of termination. You may also provide a photocopy of a birth certificate as proof of age. A signature guarantee may be obtained from a bank, savings and loan association, trust company, credit union, broker/dealer or other eligible guarantor institution.

The former minor (who is to be the sole registered owner of the shares) will need to complete and sign a new Account Application.

Any outstanding shares in certificate form must be returned to Franklin Templeton Investor Services, LLC, by registered or certified mail so we can process your request.

You need Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher to view and print PDF documents. Download a free version from Adobe's website.

    For U.S. residents only.