Frequently Asked Questions
- Year-End Tax Forms and Statements
- Composite Form 1099
- Form 1099-DIV
- Form 1099-B
- Cost Basis Reporting Information
- Form 1099-Q
- Form 1099-R
- Form 5498 and Form 5498-ESA
- Form 1042-S
- Tax Withholding for Retirement Accounts
- Capital Gains—Long-Term, Short-Term
- Direct U.S. Government Obligation
- Foreign Source Income/Foreign Tax Paid
- Can I request that federal taxes be withheld from a distribution from my Franklin Templeton account?
Yes, but only for distributions from certain retirement accounts with Fiduciary Trust International of the South (FTIOS) as the custodian.
- Can I request that state taxes be withheld from a distribution from my Fiduciary Trust International of the South (FTIOS)
Yes. For certain FTIOS retirement accounts, state tax may be withheld from a distribution if you reside in one of the following states:
If you reside in a state that is not listed above, only federal taxes may be withheld from your distribution.
Important Legal Information
The information contained in this Tax Center is not intended to be a complete discussion of all federal or state income tax requirements. This information cannot be used by an investor to avoid any income tax penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code. Investors should seek advice from a financial and/or tax advisor about the potential tax implications of their investments in Franklin Templeton fund(s) based on their individual circumstances.
You need Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher to view and print PDF documents. Download a free version from Adobe's website.
For US residents only.
Clicking OK below will take you to an independent site. Information and services provided on this independent site are not reviewed by, guaranteed by, or endorsed by Franklin Templeton or its affiliates. Please keep in mind that this independent site's terms and conditions, privacy and security policies, or other legal information may be different from those of Franklin Templeton's site. Franklin Templeton is not liable for any direct or indirect technical or system issues, consequences, or damages arising from your use of this independent website.