Reasons to Consider the Franklin LifeSmart Retirement Target Funds
With the Franklin LifeSmart Retirement Target Funds ("LifeSmart Funds"), you gain access to a broad spectrum of investment strategies, overseen by portfolio managers who seek the highest level of long-term total return consistent with each fund's allocation.
- Potential QDIA Options: As “targeted retirement-date” investments, Franklin LifeSmart Retirement Target Funds can be considered for use as a default investment, consistent with Department of Labor guidance on QDIAs.1
- Expertise: LifeSmart Funds are managed by an asset allocation team within Franklin Templeton Investments, a global leader in investment management for over 65 years.
- Thoroughly-Tested, "To Retirement” Glide Path: As a result of Franklin Templeton's robust research and thousands of test scenarios, the LifeSmart glide path reaches its most conservative allocation at each fund's target date, not years later.
- Proactive, Risk-Aware Approach: The portfolio managers diligently conduct research, testing and evaluation of underlying investments and current market conditions. Based on findings, tactical asset allocation shifts may be implemented to manage opportunities and risks.
- Broadly Diversified Portfolios: The LifeSmart Funds consist of underlying mutual funds from three specialized and independent managers—Franklin, Templeton and Mutual Series—and may also include an array of ETFs for additional diversification.
Franklin LifeSmart 2015 Retirement Target Fund
Franklin LifeSmart 2020 Retirement Target Fund
Franklin LifeSmart 2025 Retirement Target Fund
Franklin LifeSmart 2030 Retirement Target Fund
Franklin LifeSmart 2035 Retirement Target Fund
Franklin LifeSmart 2040 Retirement Target Fund
Franklin LifeSmart 2045 Retirement Target Fund
Franklin LifeSmart 2050 Retirement Target Fund
Franklin LifeSmart Brochure
See the brochure for additional information
Learn more about Franklin LifeSmart Retirement Target Funds or contact us at (800) 530-2432 for more information and additional retirement resources for 401(k) plan sponsors and participants.
Important Legal Information
The investment risk of the retirement target fund changes over time as its asset allocation changes. Since these funds invest in underlying funds, which may engage in a variety of investment strategies involving certain risks, the Franklin LifeSmart Retirement Target Funds may be subject to those same risks. All investments involve risks, including possible loss of principal. Principal invested is not guaranteed at any time, including at or after the fund's retirement target date; nor is there any guarantee that the fund will provide sufficient income at or through the investor's retirement. Stock prices fluctuate, sometimes rapidly and dramatically, due to factors affecting individual companies, particular industries or sectors, or general market conditions. Bond prices generally move in the opposite direction of interest rates. Thus, as the prices of bonds in the fund adjust to a rise in interest rates, the fund's share price may decline. Foreign investing carries additional risks such as currency and market volatility and political or social instability; risks which are heightened in developing countries. These risks are described more fully in the prospectus. Investors should consult their financial advisor for help selecting the appropriate fund of funds, or fund combination, based on an evaluation of their investment objectives, retirement time horizons and risk tolerance.
Franklin Templeton Distributors, Inc.
- See "Regulation Relating To Qualified Default Investment Alternatives In Participant-Directed Individual Account Plans" at: www.dol.gov/ebsa/newsroom/fsQDIA.html.